What is your go too yarn? Are there any yarns you won’t knit with? As I grow in my knitting I’m trying to branch out and use different fibers, and different yarns.
When I started knitting I loved to knit with expensive luxurious yarns. But now that I knit a lot more I’m branching out into different types of yarn.
But here are my top five yarns:
- My favorite go to yarn for any kind of project is Plymouth Yarn. I love Plymouth because they have a large variety of yarn for any projects I need to work on.
- Lion Brand yarn, the majority of Lion Brand yarns have acrylic in them and I don’t particularly like to knit with acrylic yarn. I love how washable this yarn is, and being able to give away projects and not worry that it won’t wash up well.
- My number one expensive yarn is Manos Del Uruguay, this is a luxurious yarn. It’s more expensive but so worth it. Also this company helps out women in Uruguay, so any help you can give to developing women is a positive.
- Madelintosh Yarn, I just flat out love this yarn. The colors they offer and the different weights are wonderful. If I could afford to buy all there yarns I would horde them like a crazy person.
- Malabrigo Yarn — I feel the same about this yarn company. Loving the colors and weights. A yarn hoarders dream.
Those are my top 5 yarns I like to work with. What yarns do you think are the best? I am always open to trying a new yarn.