Happy August! Wow where has the year gone. It’s strange, I used to think it was weird when people would say the older you get the faster time seems to go, but its true! Time really seems to go by much faster the older you get. Except Mondays… Mondays just seem to go by slow. (Or is that just me?)
Anyway, I’m ready for the dog days of summer to be gone. It’s been brutal here in Utah. Hot, hot, hot. The last couple of days of July were in the hundreds and the forecast for the next couple of days is the same. But as we head into August the McCoy household heads into getting ready for school and bow hunting season. Lot’s to get ready for this time of year. But even though I have so much going on it doesn’t slow down my knitting. So with that in mind let’s see what I have on my needles this week.
What’s on My Needles This Week
(1) Ashburn Shawl by Melanie Berg, can I just say I am so enjoying knitting this shawl. The pattern is easy to follow and the yarn I am using is so fun to knit with. I would totally recommend it. (Knit Picks Palette Yarn in Fingering Weight). I am knitting this on US #6 and it is so beautiful. I can’t wait to see the finished blocked project. I’m sure it will be lovely. I don’t think I mentioned the colors I am knitting this in but I chose a blue, gray, and dark garnet red. So excited. I got about three inches knitting on this project this last week, but I am planning on knitting this on way more this week.
(2) Amulet Shawl, Shawl Society by Helen Stewart I love this shawl and was about wanting to get this down got yarn especially for this shawl but then I started getting clues for the next shawl in this 6 month KAL and was like…. hmmm maybe I will hold out and see what is coming for the next shawl and then see if I want to knit the next shawl before I really dive into this one. I will of course always want to do this shawl but… if the next shawl is one I want to knit up then… OMG the choices, the ideas, I just can’t stand it. It makes me crazy. Whatever shall I do?
(3) lolodidit SockKAL OMG I love this sock KAL, and I finished the first sock and it turned out lovely. I want to buy more lolodidit yarn and do a couple more pairs of socks. They knit so wonderfully I wish I could explain how nice these knit up. You have to try this yarn the colors… the way the knit. It’s so wonderful. I am so going to buy from LoloDidIt again.
(4) Smooth Operator Socks by Susan B Anderson KAL I am knitting these on US#1 and using Knit Picks Felici yarn in the Dark Side colorway. I am in love with this colorway and the way these color up. I want to buy each colorway and knit up a pair of socks with this pattern. I have never done an after-thought heel before and I am just in the process of putting in the first heel but so far so good. I will keep you posted on it but it looks good right now. No noticeable heel gaps which I have had problems with, so that is totally awesome. I may have finally found a way to knit socks without heel gaps.
(5) Jumbo Christmas Stocking by Jennifer Jackson so I’m starting on Christmas projects. I honestly don’t think you can start on your Christmas knitting to soon. So this year I thought I would knit everyone knew Christmas stockings… maybe a little ambitious. But I’m starting pretty early so we shall see. I am knitting these with US#15 and with Knit Picks Brava Bulky and its an pretty easy yarn to work with. So we shall see how they turn out.
What I finished this week… MY FO’s
So I cast on, more then I cast of as you can see above so I didn’t finish anything this week. 😦 hopefully next week will be better.
I did get some spinning completed this weekend while camping this weekend. Not a lot but I did spin.
Any New and Noteworthy News…
Nothing new and noteworthy for this week, so keep your needles moving and your head held high.
Hugs all around. — Losa